My first purchase was a Chi Flat Iron and I don't have a clue how I lived before it. Although my chi served me well for a few years, I eventually moved on to a GHD. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about my GHD. I was a bit underwhelmed with my first few uses but I adjusted eventually. I paid over $300 and I expected amazing results. I feel like it made my hair healthier but the temperature was not adjustable. Besides that major flaw, after only two years a cord in it must be broken because it turns on an off the whole time I try to use it.
For the price I paid I defiantly expected a better made flat iron. Mine was purchased from Sephora so I am sure of its authenticity. (There are so many fakes! Watch out!)
I knew I needed a new flat iron but spending hundreds of dollars trying to find the right one isn't exactly in my non existent budget. For once the hair gods gave my wallet a break and sent me a marketing angel right when I needed one! John from Misikko Hair Straighteners sent me the Hana Titanium Ionic Flat Iron to try out. I'm honestly really happy with it. Hana isn't a brand I've heard of before this but it's defiantly worth checking out.
(Look at the amazing package they sent me! It was so beautifully wrapped! They even sent me the sweetest handmade note. LOVE. All around. They are outstanding. )
The best part of this iron is the versatility of it. The heat can be set to as low as 140 and as high as 450 F. This is great for a hair stylist or a house with different hair textures. With the high heat settings you'll be able to smooth the thickest of hair. The Hana straightener has titanium iron plates with tourmaline in it (retains heat better). It also comes with a 2 year warranty and what has to be the best customer service ever. Misikko beleives in creating a long lasting relationship with their customers which is obvious by the packages they send out. I'm still convinced this company only exists in my perfect world... I'm going to order from them just to feel the love they send out!
Because reviews can drive me crazy and a lot of times I just skim through, here is a list of pros and cons.
- Adjustable heat from really low to really high (Great for all hair types)
- Has the smoothest plates to smooth, relax and avoid pulling
- Seals out humidity
- Works great for ethnic hair as well
- Heats up in 6seconds and stays heated
- Mirror surface on plates (prevents scratches)
- 1.5" plate (Straightens hair faster, great for thicker hair)
- 2 year warranty
- Can curl/ flip hair.
- Good price for such a high end straightener at $174.99 comes
with free shipping too!
- Misikkos customer service is beyond amazing.
- Comes with free silicone matt and travel pouch, so you can avoid burning your house down with your flat iron like my friend did.
- Not good for someone with super short hair as it has a larger plate (Check out the Hana 1" straightener as well if you have short hair or need to share with a boyfriend)
- Might be a bit pricey for some
I would defiantly use an oil like coconut or jojoba before straightening for a super shiny finish. This flat iron seals in the oils well which is great for your hair. Hana's shield serum is a great product that does a good job at smoothing and protecting. Its very slippery in a good way, it doesn't leave your hair greasy and you really don't need much.
After such a great experience I defiantly want to save up for a hair dryer from Misakko. Have you guys tried any new straighteners lately? What is your must have hair tool?