Monday, August 10, 2009

Deco for beggingers - How to make clay sweets and icing

Deco for beggingers - How to make clay sweets and icing

Alright lovers! Today I tried myself to make some clay deco parts for the first time. The problem with deco is it can be a little hard to start with as you have to do alot of research to figure out how to start! Hopefully I can help you with that!

First off, theirs more then one type of deco. The word deco applies for things covered in rhinestones and things covered in icing and sweets. Deco-den means cell phone decoration (denwa is phone). It's also worth noting that Deco is huge in Japan and they even have places to go get your cell phone deco-ed the way you want. It is rather pricy though!

Today I'm going to cover the basics of how to make a deco peice with sweets and icing.

The Decoden community on livejournal is probly the best resource for English deco-den makers. One extremly helpful user made a tutorial on the basic's of sweets deco here. It saves me alot of explaning!

So besides the handmade clay sweets, plastic parts are a big part of decoing.
The best places to get parts are on Etsy. If you search the word cabochons you should get alot of results. It's worth noting that they make even smaller cabochons that look the same for nail art so check the measurements to know what your getting!

I also wanted to cover how to make some other sweets I found in Deco mags! Sorry for whoever scanned them, a friend sent me them so I don't know who you are to give you credit!

How to make clay cake rolls and strawberrys
Click the photos for the full sizes.

Photobucket

How to make Pancakes

Photobucket

How to make pocky and banana rolls
Photobucket

Also heres a really cool tutorial on how to make a textured mini cake or cake peices. Link

I will post more for sure! Please post your deco tips in the comments aswell and I will add them and credit you! I'll show you guys some of the stuff I've made asap! Show me yours too!

10 comments:

MEii said...

heyy thanks for the comment!
i use to try to make deco parts with clay myself but i gave. lol

anyways, the website where i brought my deco parts are from Yuki's website
http://fullmoon07xxx.ocnk.net/

if you're planning to place a order you should do it soon because she just made a notice that she's closing her shop on the 24th and probably might not reopen in two months or longer since she's moving to japan.

Keely Valentine said...

Oh i've ordered off her too! I'm suprised I didn't include this.
Thanks for the tip meii!

Anonymous said...

Education is not about memorizing and getting the degrees in
hand. The ultimate online news source that covers
news, travel, money, sports, life, technology and weather.
' They always intend to take public view on variousu topics.

Also visit my weblog - Latest Daily News

Anonymous said...

Sometimes we can't imagine that sports are so funny but we really enjoyed when we look at funny sports pictures, moments and videos. Some pictures will remind you of your ambitions about your life while other humorous ones will relieve your stress and make your life more comfortable and easier. Music: My - Space is indeed the friend of music, but it has close ties with the independent artists, who make up for what they lack in record contracts and money by being My - Space-strong, building a strong fan base and creating loyal street teams, which then take on a lot of the advertising on the band's behalf.



Take a look at my blog http://aagi.ceavi.udesc.br

Anonymous said...

December is such a special month of the year - quality time with family, exchanging gifts, and sumptuous food all month long.

It is important that you realise that if you do miss one of
your exercise sessions it is not the end of the world.
Most of us love it; going to Mac - Donald or Burger
King from time to time.

My site ... Fitness Tips At Home

Anonymous said...

People talk themselves out of exercising so easily, and the
opposite can be so easy. The reason this is important is because you will
have a stronger knowledge base and bag of tricks
to keep you going on the rougher days. The decisive factor is that men
would want to show themselves as hot and rock solid before the fashionable ladies as ever.


Also visit my homepage: fitness tips abs

Anonymous said...

If you have a website, you can use Google Trends for your website traffic to
increase as well. A person needs to have an active internet connection to be able to access all the headlines
and information on internet. It's more than just doing the right things or being involved in a good opportunity.

Also visit my blog post :: Latest Daily News

Anonymous said...

Countless teenage parties have been spiced up by this funny little game, and countless adolescent mischiefs have amused
millions of young people. There you have it, folks, in a nutshell:
the chief feature of My - Space is that it's quick and easy enough to use that you can post a bulletin or check a friend's page and
be done in the two minutes that it takes your boss to come over to your desk, suspicious that you're once again not working. However, for the next several miles until we got to our hotel, he smelled pretty dog-gone good, not.

Also visit my website - http://www.zkes.tn.edu.tw/alumnus/index.php?title=Laughter_Is_Most_effective_Drugs_-_Humorous_Video_clips_Can_Assistance_Restore_Laughter

Anonymous said...

The real life stories in the back are amazing,
and show that even average women can look amazing.
Besides, people who are drinking enough fluids is a day usually have clearer
complexion so drink up. Take note also that you know
how to perform the exercise well to avoid sickness and injuries in
the future.

my blog post: http://www.pressreleases.pl/

Anonymous said...

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this
onto a friend who was doing a little research on this.
And he actually bought me lunch simply because I stumbled upon it for him.
.. lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thank YOU for the meal!
! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this issue here on your web
site.

my homepage; http://pop-u-lar.com/groups/understanding-real-world-plans-for-biotechnology/