Saturday, August 11, 2007

Bet You've Never Heard Of It

The Alley

Anyone who lives in or around Chicago is honestly missing out terribly if you've never visited The Alley. Even if you aren't much into the punk scene, you'll be able to find something unique and tasteful for yourself at this elusive store. I remember the very first time I visited The Alley- I was about 9 years old and my aunts were taking me to a concert in the city. We decided a shopping trip was in order as well, and we hit a couple great boutiques downtown, finally ending up at this particular store. I clearly remember entering the place and feeling at awe with all of the rock n' roll and punk inspired items. In the past, I had never really been exposed to these things so much. I quickly began running around, grabbing anything I could, and slamming into a changing room.

My aunts had to drag me out in the end.

Anyway, if you live near or in Chicago, don't miss out. The 4,000 sq foot store is located at 3228 North Clark Street, and it's open all year round. If you dont live near Chicago, you can always order off of the site, http://www.thealley.com/servlet/StoreFront.


No comments: